PDA

View Full Version : cost effective PPC vote

vorapolpanya
03-30-2004, 11:06 PM
hello

i am running a gemstone jewelry site. would like to get some votes from you guys experience about the cost effective PPC campaign.

would it be , Adsense , Overture or Shopping.com ?

any successful story is also welcome.

thanks
jim

incka
03-30-2004, 11:11 PM
Try searchfeed.

vorapolpanya
03-30-2004, 11:21 PM
thanks incka..btw, it's a surprised you answer the thread.i am now reading your thread abuot Zeal directory...trying to add my site...the quiz is quite tough..anyway, you can add my site i saw you already passed the quiz..
jim

Jaffro
03-31-2004, 03:02 AM
Hey, I looked into adding you and for some reason couldn't add you in the jewelry > gemstone cat. Not sure why, maybe incka will have more luck.

vorapolpanya
03-31-2004, 03:30 AM
thanks for trying..highly appreciated

ozgression
03-31-2004, 06:33 AM
Zeal doesn't allow commercial sites, that's why.

Anyway, Zeal isn't really important anymore since no SE of any significance uses them..?
________
penny stocks (http://pennystockpicks.net/)

vorapolpanya
03-31-2004, 06:49 AM
sorry to be off the topic for a little bit.

is this Zeal listing still effective as shown in

http://www.websitepublisher.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=145

topic --> "Help Me 5 Fold My Traffic In A Week!"

btw, Any inputs for "searchfeed". any good? do they advertise on the Major Search Engines.

how can they offer a lower CPC comparing to Overture & Google?

Jaffro
03-31-2004, 07:03 AM
if zeal doesn't allow commercial sites then how comes they have a online stores category?

I think you may have to pay to be included, although i dont know. Its not that i added and it was rejected, its that the add site button wasn't where i could find it.

MSN still use zeal, i put my site into the zeal directory and started getting alot of incoming visits from msn searches a few days later. :) May not be amazing for most searches, but for 'msn emotions' being in the msn search helps! :D heh

Sorry for taking this OT vorapolpanya. I dont have experience in cost effective PPC.

incka
03-31-2004, 09:11 AM
Zeal make you pay for commercial listings. My games sites are in, but my debt and jewelry sites are not.

galacnet
04-25-2004, 06:18 AM
How about advertising on my sites (GalacNet :P ) LOL

Anyway personally I think OverTure is good if you are willing to fight for top places... ( which could be quite costly.)
Adwords maybe OK but there is always the risk if "morons" clicking on your Ads just to get money for themselves....

Mike
04-25-2004, 06:57 AM
I'm not happy with zeal. My conference call site is classed as commercial for some reason, even though it only provides information on conference calls :(

ozgression
04-25-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Jaffro
if zeal doesn't allow commercial sites then how comes they have a online stores category?

I think you may have to pay to be included, although i dont know. Its not that i added and it was rejected, its that the add site button wasn't where i could find it.

Yes, what I meant was that you cannot submit your site for free (after doing the quiz), which was what vorapolpanya was trying to do.

I believe the commercial submission are handled through Looksmart (though I'm not 100% sure).
________
one vaporizer reviews (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/vapir-air-one/)

Chris
04-25-2004, 06:28 PM
You are correct.

Zeal and Looksmart are the same directory. Just different front ends.