PDA

View Full Version : MSN search

Westech
03-30-2004, 05:26 PM
Just wanted to share that two pages of my new site were visited for the first time by MSN bot earlier today and now I'm already #2 in MSN's web results for what I consider a pretty decent search term. Hope it stays that way!

Google crawled the index page a couple of weeks ago, and has it cached, but still no deep crawl.

Go MSN!

Westech
03-30-2004, 09:15 PM
...And now I'm not even in the results. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted... :(

incka
03-30-2004, 10:31 PM
Was it a directory listing? If so sometimes you are there, sometimes you are not.

Westech
03-30-2004, 10:46 PM
It was under the websites category. I thought that was separate from the dir listings, but mabye it was from the dir. I did get it into zeal... Oh well.

incka
03-30-2004, 10:53 PM
Yeah, zeal is how you get into the listings. Sometimes it will be there, sometimes it won't.

Westech
04-02-2004, 07:51 AM
You're right, incka. Sometimes I'm there, sometimes I'm not. It shows in my logs, too. I can see spurts of about 2 hours at a time when I get a bunch of rererers from MSN.

I'm also getting a little traffic from the MSN dns error page people get when they type in www.keyword.com (which I obviously don't own.)

No love yet from Google or Yahoo, although googlebot has visited my index page several times.