PDA

View Full Version : SEOBook.com

Emancipator
11-09-2010, 01:18 PM
Its been quite some time since I last posted here so hello to old faces who might remember me and new ones who do not :)

I have just started spending quite a bit of time reading SEOBOOK.com and I want to ask what everyone thinks of their membership service. $300 a month for private access is not peanuts for me.

Does anyone use it? Has anyone heard any reviews ( and can provide links ). I like what I read and Aaron knows his stuff but at times the site is a bit infomercial so despite high praise without any real 'I got these results' I am turning to you folks.

Tks.

Chris
11-15-2010, 10:03 PM
I would never pay for his advice.

He has been wrong on so many things in the past. Really put his foot into his mouth a few times. More style than substance.

$300 a month? I should start charging.

Emancipator
11-16-2010, 05:54 AM
my issue is the site comes off as a really spammy infomercial. For all I know the dude is a genius but when ever post is interlaced with videos on joining his elite $300 a month program it makes me leary.

I ended up signing up for SEOMOZ to try out their tools and they are time savers but have not yet really shown me anything that hasnt been done over and over for the last 10 years. I am hoping to gleen some usefull info from the private question board and the webinares.

Chris
11-16-2010, 07:13 PM
seomoz is a little better, they have made some okay tools, but they were also pushers of the ".edu links are worth more just 'cause" theory and even continued long after Matt Cutts put the kibosh on it.

I think though they also suffer from the "Trying to sell you something" problem.

The March of Dimes started off trying to cure polio, they succeeded. Should they have disbanded, had a victory party and gone off? Well all the people in the bureaucracy of the organization would have had to find new jobs, so they decided to change to "birth defects" and now its just "babies." We're all for babies, I had one yesterday, but it illustrates the concept of an organization trying to survive, to stay relevant, to stay needed and useful, so they can continue to exist, and everyone who works there can pay their mortgage.

Another example is antivirus companies who often will overblow the risk of say... cookies in order to scare you into using or continuing to use their software. Why would you ever uninstall norton when you see all the notification of (benign) stuff it blocked.

So someone selling SEO services, memberships, whatever else, has a need to be relevant and cutting edge, and whatever. So they will often use scare tactics, unnecessarily make things complex, or latch onto new fad (unproved and usually wrong) theories.

The fact is, SEO hasn't changed in a long time. There is no cutting edge SEO. There is cutting edge Internet marketing. Social media stuff, viral stuff, etc etc. But SEO has mostly stablized since the haywire days of 01-03.

Do good on page content, do good site architecture, get good links.

I made a new site a couple weeks ago, debuted at #11 on Google on some pretty competitive high value keywords. All basic stuff.

Chris
11-19-2010, 07:35 AM
... so I got that new site of mine to 11th without any link building.

Did some minor link building (oh so minor) the last couple days while sitting around the hospital and up to 4th now.

I'm pretty confident in the quality of the website so now that it is ranked high enough to be easily seen, I believe it should start earning links naturally.

No gimmicks required.

AJKpeter.
12-22-2010, 06:30 AM
I also think that seomoz is much better

melo
12-13-2011, 01:58 AM
:DI think that seowhy is better,but ,it's chinese:eek2:

uoften
02-13-2012, 01:57 AM
I think buy a SEO book from a bookstore is better. Because it could be brought to anywhere. It's easy and portable.

OurInternet
02-21-2012, 03:27 AM
seobook is nice website for seo knowledge

uoften
03-05-2012, 12:04 AM
Surely, seobook is a good website for seo learner.
Learning and practice should be get togther, so that you will get more practical.

fengwilson
03-09-2012, 02:54 AM
Hello, I am new to the forum.

biancagirl
03-23-2012, 06:00 AM
Hi,

I think it's expensive. I suggest that you better find other alternatives online or make additional research. For sure, you'll be able to find reasonable price...

Interactiveonline
03-24-2012, 01:15 AM
Expensive means quality and reliable

mactd
04-10-2012, 04:35 PM
I got my hand on this book few years ago and this started me on this line of online business.

MGBH
04-21-2012, 12:09 AM
Expensive means quality and reliable

Not always so