PDA

View Full Version : need helps/advise to make some sales - gemstone jewelry sites

vorapolpanya
03-29-2004, 11:21 AM
hello there,
my jewelry site, http://www.gemjewelryvalue.com is online about 4 months. the page rank is 4, have only 6 backlinks in google and total baclink around 60 backlinks from other search engines. so our raking is somewhat mediocre.

I advertised on Google, Overture and Shopping.com. we got about 1,200 uniuqe visitors /week from various source exlucing my self, the potential customers are about 600+ /week.

the keywords we are targeting is from "overture keyword suggestion tool" such as sapphire ring, ruby ring..and more. they seem to be the msot relevent to our merchandise.

any expert/experience jewelry site has any input??
this merchandise is quite hard to sell by nature. but still have many succesful story out there.

the majore problem is I got NO sales, Zero sales. I am gonna need to stop google/oveture/shopping.com campaign soon.

I really need any inputs about my site. what's wrong with my site/ offer?

Please kindly provide us some inputs.
best regards
jim

Chris
03-29-2004, 04:06 PM
Remove the word ID from your product URLs. Change it to pid or something. "ID" by itself can hurt you with Google.

There are some minor grammatical things "Earring" should be "Earrings" there are two of them.

Otherwise I'd say reevaluate your prices. I've bought lots of jewelry online for my wife but I'd never pay your prices.

incka
03-29-2004, 11:40 PM
I too am having problems selling jewelry online. I am going to redesign my site shortly. I think the best way is to have low prices, have a good design and advertise on non-shop jewelry sites.

vorapolpanya
03-30-2004, 12:44 AM
thank you very much for the inputs.