PDA

View Full Version : forum hosting

tdm333
09-21-2010, 08:05 PM
hello i wanted to know if anyone can help me with this qustion i was not sure about.
i have just made a forum using phpbb2 and installed it to my pc i would like to put a url in it but i wasnt sure if i can keep the site on my pc and just add a url to it how can i get it hosted thro my pc

AJKpeter.
12-22-2010, 06:39 AM
Do you have domain name?

Logo Designer
01-01-2011, 08:22 PM
Have you contacted to their customer support or support forum? I this is the best platform for you to ask and sort out the query. They will better guide in this regard.

HTMLBasicTutor
01-01-2011, 11:26 PM
Self hosting on your own PC has a bunch of problems, especially if you are going to host a forum.

Your ISP would probably not be happy about this and cancel your internet if you don't have the right type of account.

Home ISP is not meant to be used for hosting anything. You need more power, especially for a forum.

You can build the site on your computer for testing and tweaking but you need a domain name and real hosting if you want to make a go of it.

AJKpeter.
01-12-2011, 06:48 AM
Your ISP would probably not be happy about this and cancel your internet if you don't have the right type of account.

Home ISP is not meant to be used for hosting anything. You need more power, especially for a forum.

It depends on ISP, but basically he will just have weak inbound BW

HostColor
05-16-2011, 04:50 AM
Why don't you check in phpbb forums are there any hosting accounts which are used for testing purposes. if you find one you can go and upload your forum there and to continue developing it.

log
05-27-2011, 02:16 AM
sorry folks, but what is inbound BW?

ok, i'm new....:redface:

GreenOliveTree
05-28-2011, 01:24 AM
Taking the advantage of the opportunity, can recommend you to visit webhostingtalk - it is really good place to find reliable and stable web hosting provider according to your specific needs.

johnhardy009
06-08-2011, 10:11 PM
First you should purchase domain name to see your website on internet browser .After that you can get hosting for your website from any company .There are many companies that provide hosting some of them are free hosting companies .

GreenOliveTree
06-13-2011, 01:17 AM
First you should purchase domain name to see your website on internet browser .After that you can get hosting for your website from any company .There are many companies that provide hosting some of them are free hosting companies .

I think that free web hosting service provider might not be so stable as you might be expecting. So if you are looking to be professional that is better to avoid free web hosting accounts.

Webcs-Peter
11-16-2011, 02:13 AM
Free hosting can't be stable.
It's scam.

Mediumcube
12-15-2011, 02:35 AM
Free hosting is used for getting web hosting experience.

artist
01-06-2012, 06:51 AM
Free is free, you pay nothing and get nothing.

swizzle
01-28-2012, 01:24 AM
Free is free, you pay nothing and get nothing.

If we are talking about hosting than you are right

uoften
02-22-2012, 01:20 AM
Free hosting is not stable .Just as Swizzle said.