PDA

View Full Version : Coupon Code Problem

Doug
08-05-2010, 11:37 AM
Well, a couple months ago someone heard through the grapevine that I used to do websites so they contacted me about finishing a site of theirs that had been started by someone else. I decided to agree to do it even though I hate comming in half way through a project that didn't start out as mine.

Well, the site had been started with webz.com and was set up as an e-commerce site. The problem is the webz program does not offer hardly any control with the construction, which is fine, I can work my way through it but now he wants to add a coupon code that allows customers to discount their orders by 10%. From what I can see paypal has no way to allow the customers to enter a code at their checkout and with the way the webz program ties itself to paypal, it won't let me edit the checkout page there so I can add my own coupon code at the site before the sale transfers to paypal.

the site is www.rtenterprises.biz (http://www.rtenterprises.biz). I know it's ugly but he is pretty close minded and wanted me to use the webz software to build the site. I would like to redo the whole thing but this is what I'm stuck with so if anyone has any ideas of how I could ad a coupon code option to the interface please save me because for the love of God this man is very adamant about this coupon code.

Chris
08-07-2010, 04:37 PM
I'm unfamiliar with the software you use, but lots of good softwre includes coupon features out of the box, maybe time to switch?

Doug
08-16-2010, 10:08 AM
I agree, I am unfamiliar as well he just wanted me to continue using the same software that the previous designer was using but I can't make heads or tails of some of the features. He doesn't like change or complication but I think my only option is to try to convert everything we have. I guess if he really wants that coupon code he'll have to go along with the change.