PDA

View Full Version : .org worth it

jtaylo78
07-20-2010, 08:31 AM
Are .org's worth it if you cannot get the .com?

Chris
07-20-2010, 08:51 AM
Yes, but in most circumstances I would choose .net over .org

Only with certain types of content would I find .org to be more attractive.

jtaylo78
07-20-2010, 01:50 PM
thanks Chris.
What type of content? Hopefully I did not miss this info in your guide to a successful website.

DomainName
08-13-2010, 11:26 AM
thanks Chris.
What type of content? Hopefully I did not miss this info in your guide to a successful website.

Hello,

My $1 contribution here.

If I develop a site for personal finance & price comparison focusing on consumer best interest; then the .ORG could be highly valuable and increase conversion (as it might be more trusted than the actual .org).

Another example could be: you are selling "ecotour"...then you want to be associated with a .ORG so your visitor does not see you as a greedy businessman trying to make money on the back of the environment...

Even in situation where you could think that it is completely irrelevant (ie: adult industry), you could still get away with it with a review site, comparison site...showing neutrality

I hope that I am clear. This was my first contribution on this forum :)

jtaylo78
08-18-2010, 08:18 AM
DomainName, I like that idea. Thanks for posting.

noahqw
12-06-2010, 10:03 AM
Are .org's worth it if you cannot get the .com?

Well, if the other website that owns the .com domain exstension is just a parked domain name, then yes it's worth it. However, if it's a full blown website that wil ltakes years to reach higher levels then they're at, then no it's not worth it... unless you're ready to put some serious dedication into it.