PDA

View Full Version : BeFree

chromate
03-22-2004, 09:23 AM
Anyone use BeFree? I have been using CJ so far, but I have a merchant that's only offering detailed datafeeds via BeFree. Just wondering what people think of them?

I've done a bit of searching and on the whole, people seem to be pretty pleased with them. There were a few people suspicious of their stats reporting, but it seems you always get that with any network.

They seem alright to me. Just wondering if anyone's had any bad experiences?

incka
03-22-2004, 09:26 AM
I'm a member but I haven't ever used any of the programs.

Chris
03-22-2004, 09:36 AM
Befree and CJ are owned by the same company.

I use alot of BeFree programs. Including the one for my new clothing site.

incka
03-22-2004, 10:00 AM
Oh, yeah, Valueclick bought out CJ didn't they... I remember...

chromate
03-22-2004, 10:01 AM
Yeah. They're still very different services though.

flyingpylon
03-22-2004, 06:53 PM
Well, they're not different anymore...

I just read that everything will be handled through the CJ interface.

chrispian
03-22-2004, 10:32 PM
I tried to sign up with befree a few months ago and they never even replied to me. I'm pretty sure it was just a glitch and I fell through the cracks, but I haven't been in a hurry to sign up again. Perhaps just a *little* bitter ;)

chromate
03-23-2004, 03:33 AM
flyingpan, where did you read that?

flyingpylon
03-23-2004, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by chromate
flyingpan, where did you read that?

That would be flyingpylon but don't worry about it.

I got the following e-mail last night:

As a valued client of Be Free/Commission Junction I want to let you know about a milestone for our combined organization. Since late last year we have been working as a unified force and effective immediately, we are adopting Commission Junction as the unified brand for our company. Our name represents two industry powerhouses, and our identity and culture will continue to reflect the positive characteristics of our teams in Marlborough, New York, Pittsburgh, London, and Santa Barbara.

Our continued focus is to provide the best performance marketing solutions anywhere. The combination of BFAST®, CJ Access™ and CJ Vantage™ brings to market capabilities that are unparalleled in the industry today and we are making great progress with the integration of these offerings. Of course, as we continue this important effort, we will ensure that all of our current solutions remain fully operational and supported to ensure nothing but continued growth and success for each of our clients.

We will be making this announcement to the public with a press release tomorrow and adopting a single Web site at www.cj.com. From the homepage of the newly combined site you will be able to login into all of your accounts including the CJ Account Manager for advertisers and publishers, BFAST, and the BFAST Partner Gateway. Look for other developments on this site during the coming months.

Our team is focused on driving results for our clients and I remain very excited about the increased capabilities that we can bring to you. I would like to thank each of you for contributing to our strong foundation and the momentum that has propelled us to this significant event. I look to the future with anticipation of even greater success.

Regards,

Jeff Pullen
General Manager
Commission Junction, a ValueClick company

Mike
03-23-2004, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by flyingpylon
That would be flyingpylon but don't worry about it.

lol :p

sorry, just found that amusing.

chromate
03-23-2004, 09:53 AM
Sorry Fryingpan, it wont happen again!! :) sorry!!! ;)

Thanks for posting that though. I noticed the update to the CJ login screen this morning.

incka
03-23-2004, 10:09 AM
Reminds me of Vic & Bob... Flying hammer...