PDA

View Full Version : I feel I have exhausted my ways of promoting

Viralsurge
04-04-2010, 09:42 PM
Here is my site http://www.viralsurge.com/

It is about viral videos that are posted around the net mostly youtube, but some exceptions.

I get about 20-40 visits a day. I don't feel like my content is lacking and from my google analytics it looks like my seo is rising a little bit... I think I have exhausted my ways of promoting my website I have submited my website to all search engines, facebook page, twitter, digg all of my posts, plan on doing a monthly youtube video for the videos posted for the month. After a month or so of doing this my visits have yet to rise.Am I missing something?

Mr. Pink
04-05-2010, 06:25 AM
After a month or so of doing this my visits have yet to rise. Am I missing something?

I would say definitely yes.

if you were doing nothing but search engine submission and facebook, twitters, etc posting for one month, then you cannot expect anything. In fact, search engine submission is something that some webmasters don't even bother doing.

I can't give you a 1 or 2 paragraph summary of what you need to do, because all that you need to know is described in great detail throughout this site.

The good thing about the web is that although there are millions of sites, only a small percentage of webmasters know how to do things right.

Doug
04-05-2010, 08:41 PM
All websites take time. You yourself must be proactive but, given time, other webmasters will link to your site on their own. You will start to see incomming links that you have no idea about. Your site is still a little baby, give it some time. In the meantime, follow the good suggestions here, they are some of the best on the internet.

Viralsurge
04-06-2010, 08:42 AM
Are there any good articles inparticular that I should read or probably do? Im pretty sure I have my SEO down... I don't really understand the blog rolling thing... like how do you get someone to blog roll to your site and back?

Mr. Pink
04-06-2010, 01:10 PM
Are there any good articles inparticular that I should read or probably do?

When I discovered this web site I just started reading. Then I read some more, and then some more. Then I realized that I probably read it all. And in every article there was valuable information that has to do with how to promote a web site.

Everything you need in terms of knowledge is here. But if you don't read it, or want someone else to summarize things and provide some kind of a list that would organize articles by topic and relevance, it can only mean that you're just not serious.

And if you just can't take the time to try, I can give you my guarantee that noting will ever happen with your web site, so you might as well shut it down.

The reading is actually the easiest part. The real challenge comes later, when you actually have to do all the work it takes to promote your site.

If you don't have time to read the valuable information that is basically laid out on a silver platter, then I guarantee that you will not have time to do the work, either.

littlewhite
04-11-2010, 06:03 AM
Promotion certainly takes time, and some of your efforts won't pay off within the immediate horizon. Even Google won't update their database everyday, right? Be patient! Good luck!