PDA

View Full Version : Browser Compatibility

bjenkins24
02-24-2010, 12:46 AM
I'm having SERIOUS trouble with browser compatibility. Irritating thing is I didn't know about it and my site has been up like this for months. Apparently I had some horrible things happening in IE7. Now I fixed most of the horrendous problems, but there's still a few bad things happening. Apparently IE6 is worse too.

The biggest problem is centering. I'm using css and it is centered using auto margins in IE8 and firefox but doesn't want to work in IE7. I researched it and apparently I need text-align: center in a body css tag. I did that and still nothing.

The other big problem I'm having is I have this rectangular box with rounded corners in the content area but in IE7 the rounded corners on the bottom are not really on the bottom making it look horrible again. I don't know what to do! I'm desperate! Could someone please help out? The user agreement said not to use links. So how about this: the website is ocpianoteachers then add a .com and you'll find it. Please help!

Chris
02-24-2010, 11:55 AM
At this point I would just forget about IE 6, anyone using it really should upgrade.

When I want to center something I usually fall back on <div align = "center"></div>

It isn't modern standards, but it works.

As for the rest, I'm not really a CSS expert so I don't think I can help. Rounded corners sounds like a new thing though that probably isn't well supported yet.