PDA

View Full Version : Problem with adsense

hairycaterpillar
02-14-2010, 09:59 AM
I've got a problem with adsense on one of my forum sites. I'm really stuck and need some help and advice.
I've posted the code a few weeks ago and still I'm seeing nothing.
The forum is a vBulletin one with an integrated adsense feature and should work. I've done some backlinks checks on my domain www.gardening-forum.com and found a link to a forum thread where they were accusing the previous owners of my domain of blatant plagiarism. Could this have something to do with the problem I am having?
Can google adsense block a rogue domain? If so how can you convince them it is in safe hands again?

Here's the site, http://www.gardening-forum.com there should be an ad below the header and above the footer, however there is still just white space.
Any ideas are more than welcome
Thanks in advance : )

Chris
02-14-2010, 05:46 PM
Two issues.

1. With Google's new one of doing adcodes, they take a little while to show up. So if you're not seeing ads in the first hour or so, that could be the reason.

2. Absolutely Google will ban from adsense domains that they have received copyright complaints about. I suppose you'd email adsense help about that. If the domain was used to infringe on copyrights in the past you might also be banned from Google search, yahoo search, msn, etc etc.

All good reasons not to copy other people. I know I for one never hestitate to send out the forms when I discover someone copying me. I've got templates all made, it is a quick process.

hairycaterpillar
02-15-2010, 02:32 PM
Thanks Chris, I'll do plenty more research in the future before purchasing a domain. I wonder if there's a blacklist somewhere, of domains to steer clear of.

It seems the recommended path is to post a question on the google adsense forums, then if you still receive no joy, contact adsense like you say. I'll let you know how I get on with it, just in case anyone else is tripped up by this.