PDA

View Full Version : the reason you don't buy goods on this site?

haiwin
01-30-2010, 03:15 AM
hello, every one
I have runned this necktie shop online www.haiwin-necktie.com (http://www.haiwin-necktie.com) for nearly one year. there are more than 1000 styles available in shop now .quanlity is very good and the price is low (most of ties are priced $15) however, business is not good. there are only about 20 buyers place orders monthly. I am wondering whether ties are still necessary nowadays. if more and more people wear T-shirt,instead of shirt+ties in office, is it wise to stop further investment on this website?

I also want to know if there are other reasons why people are not willing to buy goods from my website.

I will appreicate any suggestion from you.

Mr. Pink
01-30-2010, 08:26 AM
I think the internet is not the best platform to sell ties. A guy usually wants to put a tie around his neck to decide it it's a good fit, with this personality and the shirt, jacket, etc.

The internet is a good platform to sell downloads and books, but not neckties and footwear.

Regarding tangible goods in general, you have to think what it the customers' risk of purchasing through the internet. For example, if I'm a guitar player I will buy strings on the internet, if the price is good, because I already know what those strings are like, so all I'm looking for is a better deal. So, with the shipping and handling added it has to be cheaper. Plus, if the site only offers UPS shipping I will still not go for it, even if the price is good, because I don't want to bother waiting between the hours of 9am and 7pm just to get a couple of packs of strings delivered and possibly save $1 or $2. But if the site offers US Postal Service deliveries to a PO Box there would be no reason not to buy strings that I already know, if they are cheaper.

That's the strings. But as a guitar player I would never want to buy a guitar without seeing it first and holding it in my hands. So, if your site is set up primarily to sell guitars, you may have 1 or 2 customers a year. But if your site is a Guitar String Discount Superstore, you will eventually have high volume.

Having said that, your Guitar String Discount Superstore should also offer guitars for sale. The reason is because a) visitors still like to look at guitars online, and b) you may actually occasionally sell some. But the primary reason for the sore is discount guitar strings, and guitar picks, and guitar tuners, etc.

So, with neckties your customers aren't buying discounted items they already know, such as guitar strings). You are hoping they would buy guitars.

Chris
01-30-2010, 10:46 AM
If your target audience is US Based you need someone to rewrite all your on-page content to make it sound more American.

As it is now you can tell it was not written by a native speaker and that makes your company look spammy.

Todd W
02-02-2010, 01:14 PM
The pictures/angles suck too.