PDA

View Full Version : new guy with hyperlink question

kilo
01-05-2010, 02:21 PM
Hey guys. New man in town. Good to meet you all.

I do have a relatively simple question, or at least I hope it is.

I am almost completely finished with my website, but am having trouble linking page 2 to the Home page. I've hyperlinked just like all the other hyperlinks in my website, but when I use Design Checker, it says "Page 2 cannot be reached from page 1".

Any ideas?

Mr. Pink
01-05-2010, 06:32 PM
Can you post the problematic HTML code?

Blue Cat Buxton
01-06-2010, 03:20 AM
Are the pages actually uploaded to your server yet?

kilo
01-06-2010, 04:51 AM
Are the pages actually uploaded to your server yet?

No, but they should be this afternoon. I read somewhere that pages won't actually work until uploaded. I get that, but why is that the only error I get? I have 5 different pages and links on all of them.

By the way, how can I fully test my website before publishing. I thought that's what the "Web Page Preview" was for. It says in "help" that I should test all links to be sure they work. How can I test them?

kilo
01-06-2010, 04:52 AM
Can you post the problematic HTML code?

I'm not sure how to do that. Much of this is new to me.

Chris
01-06-2010, 12:52 PM
I can only theorize that the issue is, while on your local machine, you're linking to page2.html page3.html page4.html etc.

When linking to your homepage you are, appropriately, linking to www.yoursite.com

But since you don't have DNS setup on your home PC, that obviously will not work, nor will it work.

On the other hand, it sounds as if you're using some funky development software wysiwyg editor and it could be something within that program that I have absolutely no experience with.

Mr. Pink
01-07-2010, 07:28 PM
Kilo,

I personally want to help you, but in all honesty, you are not explaining things clearly. We need to know a lot more about what you're using and how you're doing it, if we are to help you. Otherwise you are asking a car mechanic, "Why is my car making funny noises?"

I hope I don't sound harsh, it is by no means my intention, but without clear details there's very little anyone can do, even with the best of intentions.