PDA

View Full Version : Paypal + Merchant Account Question

BGray
01-04-2010, 12:38 PM
I'm creating a professional services directory offering subscription based listings and I'd really like to not only control the subscription process on our side but also offer both paypal and credit card options for payment.

The PayPal Payflow solution looks to be a good option. It requires another merchant account for the credit card processing and the entire process goes through them.

(Note: I know it is a bit of nickel and dime. Also, I don't want to deal with the requirements of PayPal Website Payments Pro)

I have 2 questions:

1) Anyone have experience w/ PayPal Payflow?

2) This will be my first merchant account. I've read some older reviews and recs but would be interested to hear what Chris & others recommend right now.

Thanks!

Chris
01-04-2010, 01:29 PM
I still like the one I've recommended most recently, in my blog post saying stay away from Wells Fargo.

But I've never used Paypal for that.

I plan to develop something very similar soon (subscription based business listings) and I plan to use vbulletin to do it with normal paypal.

Much like how you can subscribe to this forum, it is really easy to setup and manage, then I just have to build a directory off vbulletin, which is easy as well.

So, to make a listing you'll need to be in usergroup X in the forum, and to achieve that you need to use vbulletin's built in subscription system.

But I don't plan on ever having more than a few dozens, maybe up to 100 max, subscribers at for this site (extreme niche) so I don't need anything too advanced as far as billing management goes.

mahesh2010
06-24-2010, 05:24 AM
pay pal is the best technique used to prevent from frauds and hackers..It is highly secured and most of the cms based technologies use this method to elaborate their features...it is better to go with this technology..v-bulletin is also a good system and easy to use..

mahesh2010
06-24-2010, 05:28 AM
pay pal is the best technique used to prevent from frauds and hackers..It is highly secured and most of the cms based technologies use this method to elaborate their features...it is better to go with this technology..v-bulletin is also a good system and easy to use