PDA

View Full Version : how to increase website traffic

parthakolkata1
01-01-2010, 09:57 PM
I have two websites, one lists important dates and events from world history [ http://www.hisdates.com ] and the other is an online collection of popular jokes and quotes [ http://www.jokesplusquotes.com ].

I have submitted the site urls to major search engines and directories, but still unable to drive traffic to the sites.

Can anyone please suggest, how to increase the traffic to the sites.

Thanks in advance.

Charles
01-04-2010, 08:32 PM
Submitting to search engines and directory submission only will not help to bring traffic. You should do proper SEO to bring search traffic. Onpage SEO is very important. Then you should try link building methods such as forum posting, article marketing, social bookmarking, blog commenting, etc to build traffic and SERP.

Mr. Pink
01-07-2010, 07:32 PM
My first question would be, did you read all the excellent tutorials on this web site? Many of them answer your question to the last detail.

connelly73
01-09-2010, 09:32 AM
I have found posting on forums and blogs has helped but read all the seo tutorials you can find and keep your content updated.

TerryTurner
01-21-2010, 09:22 AM
Increasing traffic will cost money. It's called advertising. No one shall grant that away free, except it's worth nothing to start with.

JasonCase24
02-26-2010, 01:52 PM
Focus on your SEO and have quality backlinks. You can get backlinks through blog commenting, forum posting and social bookmarking. These three are the most popular ways to get traffic. However, you can still try the other ways.

bermuda
04-05-2010, 08:39 AM
For all types of websites the standard SEO solutions would be working and applicable. For example, editing the websites on page optimization elements and also working on building links form them professionally. SEO is a long term process to be accomplished patiently.

mahesh2010
07-06-2010, 04:01 AM
Getting backlinks to the site by posting in different forums,classifieds and article submission. And it will also increase the traffic to the site..on-page factors like meta tags,key words and descriptions are all important at the same time..in order to increase the page rank ..

alyssataylor1962
07-06-2010, 11:24 PM
There are lots of ways to generate traffic and its not just as simple as just submitting your site to search engines and directories.Social networking is one of best source of traffic, but to be successful you really need to work of building your traffic and sharing very interesting topics.

SEOArbiter
01-27-2011, 05:00 PM
Increasing website traffic is achieved through off-page SEO work, including forum posts, blog commenting, article marketing, and through social networking.

HTMLBasicTutor
02-27-2011, 12:35 PM
Before following the suggestions before me, get your onsite SEO and content done.

With onsite SEO done properly you will get natural traffic from the search results.

Having content your target audience wants will keep the traffic you get to stay on the site and have a look around.

GreenOliveTree
05-28-2011, 01:16 AM
Taking the advantage of the opportunity, can share some useful tips:

- Internal Linking Structure
- Link Building { One Way , Two Way and three way }
- Article Posting
- Press Releases
- Forums Postings
- Advertising
- Google Site map Creation and setup

curiologix
12-21-2011, 07:20 AM
Validating HTML and CSS
Blog creation
Backlinks
Site Map creation
Forum Posting
Article Posting
Advertising

swizzle
01-28-2012, 01:43 AM
I prefer to get traffic from social network websites

uoften
02-13-2012, 01:34 AM
Validating HTML and CSS
Blog creation
Backlinks
Site Map creation
Forum Posting
Article Posting
Advertising

Yes, these are good to get more traffics.
Agree with you.

~Serverpoint~
02-16-2012, 01:36 AM
As I know forum posting and blog commenting can be very helpful in terms of driving traffic to your web sites.

OurInternet
02-21-2012, 03:14 AM
I strongly recommend to use social networking for this needs