PDA

View Full Version : Selling Ad Space? Monetizing Traffic

Liz
12-19-2009, 04:14 PM
Hi everyone, I have a large music fan site that receives about 2.5 million page views a month. I meet the criteria to be accepted by TribalFusion, for example, but haven't heard back from them since I applied about 5 weeks ago. I'm thinking of applying to Casale next.

So I'm looking for better ways to monetize my traffic, and it's something of a struggle. I figure I might make more money by selling ad space, but I'm new to doing that. I've noticed that services like AdBrite have had problems in the past. Are there any services that you would recommend for selling ad space? I don't want to use something that spreads viruses.

Just for background info, I've been most successful with Google Adsense at my forums and have scored some commissions from Amazon Associates, but I know that I should be earning more with the amount of traffic that I have. I'm lucky if I earn $100 a month. I also joined CJ and Linkshare to link to various stores and products, and have started to post their links in a shopping section at my site. I get the best results when I announce new products in my news page, but mostly I get impressions and click-throughs and not many purchases.

Lastly, I just joined a program at Meebo to add a Facebook-like bar to my pages. Supposedly it will give me better results with ads, but I just added it and it's not finished yet. It's too early to tell.

I would appreciate any advice that you might have about selling ad space, or joining networks that would pay for impressions and not just clicks. I'm disappointed that I haven't heard back from TribalFusion since they confirmed that they received my application. Thanks for reading!

Chris
12-19-2009, 06:25 PM
Try burstmedia and valueclickmedia.com too.

How many uniques do you get a month?

Liz
12-21-2009, 11:57 PM
Thanks for your suggestion! I get more than 13K uniques per month. I added Google Analytics to about 80% of my site about 2 weeks ago, so that's where the 13K is from. I also have Webalizer on my server, but that only tells me unique IP addresses and is inaccurate. My unique IPs range from 55K in a slow month to 90K in a strong month, according to Webalizer. I'm working on getting better data.

Based on that initial info, would you have any other suggestions? I value your advice. Thank you!