PDA

View Full Version : a little help please

dontblamethemusic
12-14-2009, 04:09 PM
I want to start a social website for music. but dont know how the hosting and design work for social sites. i know what i want but not how to get there any help would be awsome. thank you

Blue Cat Buxton
12-15-2009, 06:02 AM
Can you say more about what you want, and how much you have to spend (time and $$) on the backend software, design, hosting etc.

As a starting point, have you looked at elgg.org ?

dontblamethemusic
12-15-2009, 10:32 AM
Can you say more about what you want, and how much you have to spend (time and $$) on the backend software, design, hosting etc.

As a starting point, have you looked at elgg.org ?

With the state of music on myspace being a joke i wound like to start a site that is all music. musicians and music fans can come and see what is going on in the underground/indie scene. also they can share thier music. there is more but that is the basics. i have seen a few that havent worked out so i wound like to bring something new. money is a little tight but i am willing to put the time into this. I have noticed that social hosting is a little more money than other web site. but am willing to pay for what i want. i just dont know where to start. is there a program for the type of design or will i need to find a designer and coder for this. i dont want to be myspace or facebook. but something that people will see as an advantage to the new age of music.