PDA

View Full Version : Our Band's Demo

Doug
11-10-2009, 06:07 PM
Two of my friends and I just finished out first demo for our band. Its 4 songs long. We haven't made a myspace yet but I have uploaded the songs to one of my sites the link is:

Our Demo (http://www.strangest-facts.com/demo.html)

Any feedback will be priceless to us right now. I play the lead guitar parts, I am influenced heavily by the likes of jimmy page and hendrix. one friend plays rhythm and does vocals, he is influenced more along the lines of Brand New and bands like that. Our drummer is mainly influenced my Dave Grohl and drummers similar. We currently do not have a bassist but that hopefully will change. With this mix of influences I think we have a somewhat unique sound.

My friend who does the vocals is still a little nervous and is trying to find his voice but I've watched him improve so much. I've told him to have more confidence and I know he has it in him to be a great singer.

The drummer is actually moving to Florida tomorrow morning (we're from Michigan). This has been one of the hardest things I've ever had to deal with because he not only is my best friend of a decade but he is the best music partner I will ever have. This demo was very important to me because it is the last thing three best friends will do together. I'd like to think he would come back if we we're discovered but I dont know.

Anyway any feedback at all would mean a lot to me and the band, we're just getting started and we need to grow.