PDA

View Full Version : User comments script

Westech
03-17-2004, 10:49 AM
I'm looking for a php/mysql user comments script exactly like (or very similar to) what Chris has on www.iddb.org . You can see an example at the bottom of this page: http://www.iddb.org/drugs/singulair/

Anyone have any suggestions? Chris, I'm assuming that yours was a custom job. Would you be interested in sharing or selling the script?

incka
03-17-2004, 11:01 AM
I am also looking for this.

Chris
03-17-2004, 02:06 PM
I wrote that one myself but I paid someone to write a better one based off of it for my as of yet unlaunched spring break site.

incka
03-17-2004, 02:19 PM
And will you be writing an article on it or selling the script?

Westech
03-19-2004, 11:03 AM
Chris, would you mind telling us what improvements you plan for you new script? I'm looking into getting one developed and I'm trying to nail down which features I need.

Chris
03-19-2004, 11:38 AM
You can see how it looks on 4springbreak.net

http://www.4springbreak.net/destinations/myrtle-beach

Basically it just now includes ratings on different aspects of the "whatever you're reviewing."

Shawn
03-19-2004, 11:40 AM
How much longer did it take to add the reply functions to the script?

Chris
03-19-2004, 01:41 PM
I don't know. My original script had the reply functions and I had the guy use my original coding to make this one.

Westech
03-19-2004, 01:59 PM
Thanks, Chris.

I think I'm just going to hire someone to code a script for me that's similar to the original one Chris had. I'm still open to suggestions on pre-made scripts if anyone has any.

Billyray
01-09-2005, 08:01 PM
Guys I know this is an old thread but I'm going to need one in the next couple of months. Any updates? I was hoping to get one like on Shawn's old wireless phone review site. Most of the ones on hotscript etc don't meet my needs.

Thanks

Westech
01-10-2005, 08:41 AM
Sorry, Billyray. I never got this done. I still have a couple of projects on hold waiting for it. Like you, I've been all over hotscripts and haven't found anything that meets my needs. I may eventually write one myself if I ever find the time. I'll try to remember to post here when/if I find a solution.

incka
01-10-2005, 10:18 AM
I'm getting Mike to make a comments script, I will sell a license to use it for just $25. It will be as advanced as the ones on Chris' site, where you have an admin panel to approve comments and people can rate certain aspects that you define too, however it will not come with instructions or support, so unless you know PHP...

MarkB
01-10-2005, 12:02 PM
I'm interested in writing one as well. I'm in the middle of a full affiliate-site engine so may as well include it in that :) Nice prompt, topping this old thread ;)

ozgression
01-10-2005, 01:58 PM
Here's a good, free one: http://www.digitalmidget.com/php_noob/comment.php

moonshield
01-10-2005, 02:00 PM
that it be. Thanks!

Blue Cat Buxton
01-10-2005, 02:47 PM
Yep, php_noob is easy to install and you can customise it fairly easily - and the price cant be beat

Westech
01-10-2005, 04:22 PM
Thanks, oz. I may end up using this one temporarily.

If it had ratings included in each comment, displayed the average rating for each page, and allowed the comments to be sorted ascending or descending by rating or date, it would be perfect for me! ;)

Billyray
01-11-2005, 01:35 AM
Yeah I'm in the same boat as Westech. Almost there but not quite.

I might mess around with it and also try to integrate their "rate this" script as well.

Thanks Oz, nice one. They were buried too deep in google to find.

Thanks Incka, be interested to see what Mike comes up with.

Billyray
01-17-2005, 05:44 AM
If it had ratings included in each comment, displayed the average rating for each page, and allowed the comments to be sorted ascending or descending by rating or date, it would be perfect for me! ;)

You might like this one then. Seems to have all your requirements.

http://www.toogoodsoftware.com/criticalreviews/index.shtml