PDA

View Full Version : joined today

Haraldo
11-01-2009, 09:29 PM
Hello All,

Just stumbled on this forum, saw some good posts, and thought I'd give it a go. Short intro...

I'm a marketing consultant during the day living in U.S. but consulting internationally. But spare time is for my a new direction into gaming. I'm developing a game portal for a niche audience (to start), and I'm also developing original games targeted at the same audience. My concept actually goes well beyond what I'm describing, but I gotta start somewhere!

I'm learning Flash (all initial games will be Flash) and picking up PHP and XHTML/CSS at the same time. I'm contracting most of the dev work out for both games and site, but I want to know what's going on and be able to step in and do stuff as needed. My only coding experience is old-style HTML, so I'm ready to step into the new Web 2.0 world! ;-)

So my main interest here would be from a game site POV; not sure how much discussion of that there is, but I've spotted a few threads of interest. Beyond game-site specifics, I'm interested in ad networks, SEO, building community and interaction, all that sort of stuff. I hope I can learn here. And I'm happy to share my progress or general marketing advice as appropriate.

Glad to be a part of websitepublisher.net!

Haraldo

P.S. I see Porter here from one of the game sites forums we're both on (Hi!), so I know I'm not alone.