PDA

View Full Version : Embedding a Message Board

Batgirl20
10-20-2009, 09:33 AM
How do you embed a message board into a website. I have a website and signed up for message board through Website Toolbox. To get to the board you have to click the link on my web page and it takes you there. I want to be able to go to the Message Board page and the board be there without clicking a link. I have read some things that say not to use iframes.

I am very new to setting up the website and would like some simple instructions on how to do this.

Thanks

Blue Cat Buxton
10-21-2009, 02:05 AM
Do you mean like a forum, as on this site?

Batgirl20
10-22-2009, 06:34 AM
Yes, exactly like this. Thanks

Chris
10-23-2009, 12:03 PM
You need forum software installed on your server or hosting account. A forum hosted elsewhere, by definition, will be elsewhere.

This site uses vbulletin, it is the best but you pay for it. phpbb is free, but not as good.

Haraldo
11-01-2009, 09:45 PM
Hello Chris. I'm a new member (just joined today, see Intro). I'm curious about your comment about vBulletin vs. phpBB. Could you elaborate more? I'm on lots of forums and the better ones seem to be either vBulletin or phpBB (v3). I know one guy who swears by phpBB with all its skins and ease of setup, and that it's free, of course. Would love to hear more details about the differences you see between the two apps. I'll probably be starting a Forum soon on my new site and will need to make a decision.

Thanks for your input!

H

Chris
11-05-2009, 08:06 AM
Well, I haven't used phpbb in a long time, but back when I did use it. phpbb had infinitely more vulnerabilities, to the point where if you owned a phpbb it would eventually be hacked.

Haraldo
11-05-2009, 01:01 PM
OK, I'll look into this.

Thanks, Chris!

H