PDA

View Full Version : Help wanted

apoggy
03-16-2004, 11:19 AM
Ok I'm after a bit of help in this area which obviously you all know more about than me.

I'm currently a moderator at a fan site hosted by a free hosting company who also control the advertisments and gain all the income. The site owner is thinking about finding a new host and sorting the adverts out himself gaing revenue for himself to spend on a better host.

Currently the site gets 3000+ hits per day (not sure whether these are unique or not) but is the main fan site for the actress who is definately going to be big, traffic has steadily been increasing since the siyes opening last year.

What advertisement schemes etc would you recommend using to gain the most revenue and roughly how much do you think that they could make?

incka
03-16-2004, 11:31 AM
MaxOnline

I can offer free hosting in return for backward link soon.

apoggy
03-16-2004, 11:34 AM
we go through up to 200Gb per month which is generally a problem (we have been down a few times at the end of months)

Chris
03-16-2004, 11:46 AM
You can get a dedicated server for as little as $99 a month with 700gb of bandwidth.

Though I can't imagine how 3000 impressions a day can generate 200gb of bandwidth a month. One my sites that gets 80k page views a day doesn't even break 100gb.

incka
03-16-2004, 12:13 PM
Perhaps it has videos on?

apoggy
03-16-2004, 12:19 PM
We had videos. We have extensive gallerys and a very active forum which takes up 40% of bandwidth usage I'm told. I think 3000 hits for the homepage but the forum gets much much more, but obviously not unique, plenty of refreshes.
The problem with the hosting can only be solved with advertising as he has no funds to cover hosting costs unless he roughly knows how much ad revenue he will receive, which is why I posted on this board

incka
03-16-2004, 02:04 PM
I see your problem. With 3000 unique visitors a day the maximum you will earn is $30 a day with the best networks, which I doubt you will get into.

apoggy
03-16-2004, 02:09 PM
the forum hits arent counted and most people I know dont go to the forums via the homepage, so it depends whether the revenue is based on homepage hits or whether the forum hits are included as well