PDA

View Full Version : Newbie, Advice needed on my design

kal
10-02-2009, 03:53 AM
Hello Everyone.

Some really good advice on websitepublisher site.

I have built a site on publisher. My knowledge is very limited and I do not understand html code.

Can people give me positive critisim on how to improve my site, and give me any simple advice on how I can improve ranking. I am just a local business serving my local area, and I know I can somehow generate more leads from google, I am not flush with money. I have already submitted to some free directories.

www.carsmartsite.com

Many Thanks:yawnb:

Chris
10-05-2009, 04:26 PM
It actually looks good for you not knowing anything. Good job. I think that looks satisfactory as a small business local site.

One SEO tip, which you'll get if you read this site, put your geographic location in your name and in your domain name. It'll help you big time on local searches, which is the kind you're interested in.

kal
10-06-2009, 02:30 AM
Hello Chris,

Thanks for your kind comments.

I don't quite understand how you put a geographic location in your name and in your domain name.
Do you mean in the Description and keywords ?
Could you help me out please :)

Chris
10-06-2009, 03:10 PM
You serve lichfield, better to name your site

LichfieldCarRepair.com

And to put the list of areas in your title.

Think of how people search, they don't search for "body shop" they search for "body shop lichfield" because they need a body shop close by.

So the main focus of your SEO should be such local searches, and that elevates the town name of every town you serve to primary keyword status, which means get as many of them as possible in your domain and title.

Mr. Pink
10-07-2009, 07:15 PM
Kal,

Chris just gave you the equivalent of a goldmine. If your local competitors don't know what Chris just told you, you will blow them away on any local Google searches.

Also, I suggest that you remove your email address form the web page. SPAM bots harvest email addresses that are listed on web sites. Eventually you will receive so much spam you may lose track of legit emails.

You should look into having an email form on your site, but I can't help you with that cause I am also still looking for a good one (with Captcha).

In the meantime, you can simply make a graphic image of your email address and put it on your page, instead of that linked text.

Mickyb
09-08-2010, 04:02 PM
try email riddler. It does the job for me. http://www.dynamicdrive.com/emailriddler/