PDA

View Full Version : dissapointed about visitors

lieven23
08-18-2009, 11:45 AM
I have a webshop that does good in the rankings but has little visitors.
My shop sells african masks and has a page 1 ranking for the keywords : "african tribal masks" in google.com
With the google keyword tool, I can see that there are 5400 searches for that keyword however I only get 5 visitors a day from that keyword
That's 150 each month of the 5400 ... A bit to few I think.
Can anyone tell me why there are so few visitors
my site: www.afro-masks.com

TryUsOut
08-28-2009, 05:57 AM
In here - http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=gmail&q=african%20tribal%20masks you are below the 1st page of the SERP for your keyword.

Just my opinion: Your site in not in the English language and this maybe one reason why visitors shy away from your site considering that they searched for it at google.com and not from www.google.co.za

bermuda
09-07-2009, 07:03 AM
Optimizing the websites to rank high on Google.com is not an easy task and you need to continue the work like link and content building.

Chris
09-08-2009, 05:47 PM
Keyword research tools should never be used to estimate traffic. They're not accurate for that.

Only use them to compare the relative popularity of one keyword vs. another.

And yes, the language barrier is a huge issue.

Porter
09-12-2009, 11:31 AM
I would say it's definitely the language issue as pointed out above. I never try and find my way around a site that isn't in a language I can read, few people do. In addition to that, why would they when there's other options available in English if they just press back? I would start converting your site to English, or at least have the option to switch over. If you do that, I'm certain you'll see an increase in traffic over time.

Farmer77
09-23-2009, 11:51 AM
Getting to the top of the SERPs on Google doesn't always mean you will get a lot of visitors. Sometimes people just aren't using the keyword you are targetting for.