PDA

View Full Version : How to pay content providers?

Julieann
08-17-2009, 07:14 PM
I know some people who are expert in the field that I'm in. They also write about the field-to magazines, online...

How do I structure a deal with them? I want:

1. Some articles that I can put on my website and offer for free.
2. Some ebook and videos to offer for sale.

I would provide the website, ecommerce, the "packaging" of the ebooks, etc. What should I pay them? Upfront or a percentage? If a %, then how much?

Chris
08-18-2009, 05:14 AM
I imagine most would want to be paid upfront, I know that is how I pay my writers.

Julieann
08-18-2009, 01:03 PM
When you say "writers" --are these people you hire to specifically write articles for you?

The people I mentioned would be nationally recognized experts who already sell their articles to trade publications, etc. They probably get paid $1000-2500 per article.

If I want my site to be really content rich with dozens of articles, this could get expensive. I was thinking of offering them more of a--I don't know--like a joint venture. I feature their articles, sell some and they get links to my site and paid a percentage.

Has anyone done it this way?

TryUsOut
08-28-2009, 05:50 AM
If a joint venture would entice them to write for you, then go for it as it would not involve any cash out on your end. Maybe share a percentage of revenue to them.