PDA

View Full Version : Google Adsense Font Size Option

ZigE
06-19-2009, 04:51 AM
http://adsense.blogspot.com/2009/06/font-size-matters.html

Ever so slowly Google is allowing publishers to have a little bit more control over the way their ads are being displayed, with the ability to set the recommended font size. (sort of)

At the moment, I believe its only effective in the larger ad units (336, 728 etc), which can actually support Medium & Large sizes.

Observations;
> If you set it as Medium, it will often display as Large.

> Another dumb thing I saw is if you set a 728x60 to Large with Arial font - When adsense serves 3 ads in the unit, it'll work great and be large font etc. But if it decides to serve 4 ads it is pixel thin small font.

I'm doing some split testing at the moment, I'm hoping there will be a nice improvement though, I'd be interested in your results though.

ZigE
06-19-2009, 04:56 AM
Also I'd be interested to see what ad-unit sizes actually allow a change in the font size.

Chris
06-30-2009, 08:44 AM
Google has now made a larger font size the default, and it is definitely helping me on my literature site.

But perhaps only because it is a new change and after time it'll start suffering from ad blindness again.

Mike
07-01-2009, 03:41 AM
Yeah I saw this a few days ago. CTR has already improved for me, although like Chris says that could easily change when users get accustomed to it.

AndyTC
12-08-2009, 01:49 AM
I've been using a different Adfeed other than Google that allows you to have size 18pt in Arial. Makes big difference in clickthrough rate for me. Haven't changed over the font size on Websites with Adsense yet to know the difference. Will do so and report any findings..

ishamel
01-29-2010, 02:07 AM
I never found that on my site, or I think I am not too concern about it.anyway, I disagree that it is dumb just because Google did that to you, I think it only small fraction, there is nothing to worry about