PDA

View Full Version : Sports forum

Scribbller
03-12-2004, 12:50 AM
Hey there we have started a sports forum, it is now about 3 months old.

http://www.nxsports.net

We first started in December and cover all major sports, we have a member base of about 200 members and members from all over the world, Critism is most welcome and please give suggestions as to where the site is lacking.

Regards
Scribbller

GCT13
03-12-2004, 12:48 PM
Hi Scribbller, how did you promote your forum to get 200 members in a little over 3 months?

Scribbller
03-13-2004, 06:35 AM
Most of them are friends and we were part of a forum with 1500 members but broke up, the whole forum closed up some of them came from there.

chromate
03-13-2004, 11:22 AM
I think it looks good. I'm not really into sports enough to talk on forums about it, so I can't offer any more advice really. I like the sports personality bit though. That's a nice addition beyond a plain forum.

sitepointRefugee
03-20-2004, 01:59 AM
Idea 1: Sports headline news. I'm pretty sure that there is some news site that allows you to get RSS feed. You can take some RSS feeds and create a nice little section, Sports headline news.

Idea 1.2: If there is some problem creating RSS feeds, then you can write your commentary. For example, you find news that Manchester United lost to ..., I don't know, New Castle. And you write a commentary like "Devastating. Manchester United virtually lost any hope of winning the title this year. This is particularly harsh given that United already lost in FA cup and Champions League."(link to BBS news somewhere)

Idea 3: Oh, speaking of Champions League, why isn't Champions League mentioned in "Current Sporting Events"?

Idea 4: I don't know demographics of your members, but isn't it better to say "Football(American Football)" rather than just "Football"?