PDA

View Full Version : Bing Versus Google

Yazar
06-14-2009, 06:36 AM
As you may know Microsoft’s new search engine, Bing, had a great start. According to some news, it started to overtake Yahoo. Bing also grabbed market share from Google.

Is it possible? I don’t think so. People’s habit is hard to change and most of us is using Google as the default homepage. I think more creative ideas and some vision is needed to overtake Google.

Chris
06-14-2009, 10:07 AM
It isn't that they need to be better than GOogle, it is that Google needs to stop being able to meet needs of people for those people to even look elsewhere. I don't see that happening.

Blue Cat Buxton
06-16-2009, 09:03 AM
I suppose there will always be some who will want to use something other than the 'establishment' which Google is (like people won't use Microsoft products), and the positioning is to be the prefered search engine for those people.

Interestingly Ask have relaunched very recently as well in the UK, bringing back the Jeeves character. - not sure if that is just in the UK though?

Chris
06-16-2009, 10:05 AM
just UK I read. Apparently Jeeves was always British he has an accent and everything.

bermuda
06-24-2009, 02:36 AM
I really do not think Bing is just going to be an MSN masterpiece online because when you take a look at their previous experiences about search engines and Live, you can guess although Bing looks beautiful and has good potentials but they will never get anywhere near Google.

Soho
09-29-2009, 02:51 AM
Google is still the best

connelly73
01-09-2010, 09:39 AM
Wouldn't say google was best they all do the same function and its just habit that people use google.

TerryTurner
01-24-2010, 06:33 AM
If you are looking for websites, google is king.
However, if you liked to do certain thing like check the climate in some city, then seeking the city's name and weather in bing will do something like popup the weather for that city.

JasonCase24
02-04-2010, 05:32 PM
I must say that Bing has the possibility to make it to the top. Actually, I find their style so sophisticated compared to Google. Moreover, a far much better than Yahoo. But for sure, they still need more time to reach Google's achievements and eventually lead the market.