PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated Server

mike12345
06-05-2009, 11:06 PM
I was just wondering at what point i would need to start renting a dedicated server for my website as far as bandwidth usage goes. I currently have an "unlimited" bandwidth plan with Godaddy but i am fully aware that this is limited. An average page on my site is about 35kbs in size so at what amount of page views or bandwidth usage a month would i need for a dedicated server so the server i am currently on does not slow down? Thanks

Chris
06-06-2009, 12:58 PM
Needing a dedicated server is not a result of bandwidth, but cpu usage, usually. So it can vary.

Generally, when your site starts running really slow, or your hosting provider shuts your account down for over usage, you know it is time to upgrade.

Or, if your site is profitable enough, you can upgrade before you need it, assuming the site can easily cover the cost.

If I had to ball park things, I guess I would say 100k dynamic page views per day, start thinking about it.

Muggle
07-09-2009, 05:23 AM
Knowing godaddy is excellent registrar, I could not say the same about their hosting. ZI think much depends not only on a plan you use but also from the provider you are client of. I can advice you changing host, and can recommend serverpoint.com for getting the quality hosting.