PDA

View Full Version : Incentivized Affiliate Tracking Software

Chris
05-24-2009, 10:28 AM
I'm doing a project that involves some incentivized affiliate marketing, or rather, a need to track the originating user account of an affiliate transaction.

Each major affiliate network offers some way of automatic reporting of successful transactions while referencing a user supplied variable that the site owner can use to tag individual users. For instance a userid I tag to my links which then gets reported back to me.

Rather than reinvent the wheel and pay someone to code up a class that gets said data from popular networks like cj, google, shareasale, and linkshare, and puts into into a database for me, I'd rather find preexisting code to use. It is fairly common, I'm sure it must exist. Anyone know of any?

asrguy
05-24-2009, 09:25 PM
That's called a "subid" and most affiliate networks and affiliate tracking systems support it. There's no need for coding - either they support it or they don't.

Cheers,
Peter

Chris
05-25-2009, 06:25 AM
Yes, I know they support it.

What I want is software that automatically takes it from their reports through the webservices they offer and inserts it into my DB. Its a lot of custom coding, integrating which each web service individually, that I'd rather not have to do.