PDA

View Full Version : Word Website Publisher & Google Analytics

alittlegreen4
05-06-2009, 10:12 AM
I am new to publishing as well as forums - so please be gentle. I used Publisher to create a very simple site. I want to add analytics to the site, but am not sure how to add the analytics HTML as the website HTML & index is generated by publisher. Any advice?

Chris
05-06-2009, 10:31 AM
I believe google's analytics code goes right at the bottom before the </html> tag.

alittlegreen4
05-06-2009, 10:41 AM
Sorry - but where is the </html> tag? In Publisher - you create the page with images and text - no html. Then you select - Publish to the Web" & your html is generated and one index folder is created with all of the images, and an index.htm file is created.

Then I just use an FTP provider to transfer the files to the server.

I am showing my greeness.

Blue Cat Buxton
05-07-2009, 01:34 AM
Edit the index.htm file in something like wordpad. You should see the html tags there.

I think, not wanting to contradict Chris, that you put the analytics code after the </body> tag, which is probably just before the </html> tag.

batmanm
07-11-2009, 03:16 PM
Google index my site aswell but my heading is not what it should be.look at http://www.wolfwebs.co.za and tellmy whats wrong

Lolito
07-17-2009, 01:26 AM
Edit the index.htm file in something like wordpad. You should see the html tags there.

I think, not wanting to contradict Chris, that you put the analytics code after the </body> tag, which is probably just before the </html> tag.

Yes, I also paste my Google Analytics Code before </body> tag.

By the way you need to wait 2 days to generate the traffic report of a website where you pasted the Google Analytics Code.