PDA

View Full Version : If I do everything right, can I surpass even older sites?

purplefrog
04-04-2009, 11:19 AM
If I follow the SEO rules and guidelines set out here and Sitepoint as well (which has a good FAQ section on SEO which also outlines good SEO strategy)
http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182915#Section40

then can I realistically climb in the search engines and outrank even sites that, while they may not even be particularly active, were created before mine?

That might sound stupid and I suppose the logical answer is yes....I suppose I'm just asking for reassurance and validation.

:)

Chris
04-05-2009, 07:55 AM
given enough time, yes.

cooluks
05-13-2009, 05:21 AM
You can but it will takes time to do it. Time and effort on good and ethical ways of doing it.

BloodyBandage
05-27-2009, 12:34 PM
you have to do twice as much work if not more than established websites to surpass them...as they grow organically you need to find a way to get to that point. It is very possible though, best of luck

bermuda
06-24-2009, 02:25 AM
Yes it is possible even outperforming the older sites but still it will take time to do that. For example, a domain name which is three years old and is optimized in a professional way can surpass an eight year old website but the mistake many people make is that they think by adding thousands of links within a couple of months, they would be seen at the top of Google.

abusinessfinder
07-29-2009, 12:42 AM
The best technique in my experience you will have to provide a website with better content than the old website. If you do that, then you will surpass any older website in your niche. Most people create crappy websites, yet they want to compete against the best performing websites in their category.