PDA

View Full Version : Will adding links here help or not?

MissMandy
03-24-2009, 06:00 PM
Was looking at a competitors backlinks on google, he has the number 1 position for a certain keyword. I notice most of the backlinks come from blogspot.com and blog.360yahoo and wordpress and was asking if placing links to my site on these really helps or a waste of time?

cpc
04-02-2009, 12:13 AM
Yes, getting backlinks from "legit" sources will help a lot. Getting a backlink from a high PR authoratitive site is worth a lot more. Just do not get backlinks from spam sites or you will get penalized.

Nobody really knows what Google's algo is (always changing) but good backlinks are key.

One popular method people use is to write a ton of articles and submit those to the article aggregator sites (e.g. goarticles, ezinearticles, etc). You get a "followed" backlink from your author resource. It's a bit of work though :)

Chris' guide on here has a bunch of info as well.

Chris
04-03-2009, 02:16 PM
Blog mentions certainly help yes, but making up a dummy blogspot blog and putting your links on it won't work as much as getting a link from a real legitimate blog hosted there.

infopreneur
04-03-2009, 09:14 PM
nice post....

jingwen
04-25-2009, 12:04 AM
Blog comment could take backlinks for us,but i think now it is hard to build it,i found lots blog use "no follow"

cooluks
05-13-2009, 05:17 AM
Blogs are popular source of links. As what cpc said it is "legit" source. One way backlinks from this sites really helps. Specially if the blog is real legit, not the just with bunch of links. :D

jubach
06-11-2009, 08:24 AM
any backlink will still count.. you can duplicate what your competitor is doing :)

Lolito
06-12-2009, 01:43 AM
any backlink will still count.. you can duplicate what your competitor is doing :)

If you mean is duplicating content, it is prohibited to used that technique because it will penalized your website by search engine.

bermuda
06-20-2009, 11:55 PM
Links have been long known, especially on Google to be the main elements behind the top rankings of a lot of sites and web portals.

It might not be simply the matter of the number of links but the quality of them. For example even one link from a PR6 homepage which is closely relevant to your web theme and niche might be better than thousands of low quality links from PR zero and FFA pages.

abusinessfinder
07-29-2009, 01:14 AM
I noticed that backlinks from Blogs are mentioned a lot in this thread. Most blogs have "nofollow" links - do these links actually count as backlinks? I thought Google doesn't count these links...