PDA

View Full Version : Accurate keyword tracker?

purplefrog
03-23-2009, 04:38 PM
I'm trying to find a program that will allow me to track my search engine rankings over time.

I've been test driving the one at
http://www.digitalpoint.com/tools/keywords

but it isn't entirely accurate. I just had it check a phrase and it says my site doesn't rank for it, yet my site shows up in positions 5 and 6 for that phrase.

Is there anything out there that will help me accurately track my rankings?

Chris
03-23-2009, 07:41 PM
It is accurate.

Digitalpoint goes directly to Google's API and gets the rankings.

The issue is that Google has different datacenters all over the world that have different rankings as rankings are always in flux now. So you may see results while searching that differ than what you see in the API. However, the API is more accurate forward looking. (ie, the ones you see in the SERP results are old).

purplefrog
03-24-2009, 06:17 AM
Okay. That makes sense. I knew about the different data centers but didn't know the effect on the keyword tracker.

However...when I go in to that keyword tracker today and refresh results, it throws an error and all the keywords I rank for now show a ranking of -9989 or similar ridiculous numbers.

I know there are various "SEO software" programs out there, but I don't see exactly what I want. I've test driven a few and don't care for them.

There's got to be something that's reliable that will do what I'm trying to do. I can't be the only one ever to want to track this on a regular basis.

Sure, I know I have server stats and such, but keeping track of things this way would be tedious at best.

cooluks
05-13-2009, 05:13 AM
You can use different kw tools. Like seobook, keyword discovery by treillan and google adwords.

You can compare them and it will tell you which is more near accurate.

bermuda
07-17-2009, 12:28 PM
Perhaps a better idea is trying to use a combination or tools and ideas and then trying to find some answers to your questions. For example, using Google AdWords, Wordtracker and also taking a look at the top ranking sites in your niche to find the best words to target.

Lolito
07-20-2009, 01:13 AM
For me, I used Google Adword Keyword Tool for my keyword on-page optimization. https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

It is accurate also and 6 months I used this tool.