PDA

View Full Version : Page Rank Question

Sundreez
03-22-2009, 05:35 AM
When you get a link from another site, that link is usually on that site's link page. Link pages are not ranked by google. Does this mean it is a zero? If so does that mean that you are not getting any PR from that page regardless of that sites's PR? I really want to know, Thank You.

Chris
03-22-2009, 05:36 PM
When you get a link from another site, that link is usually on that site's link page. Link pages are not ranked by google. Does this mean it is a zero? If so does that mean that you are not getting any PR from that page regardless of that sites's PR? I really want to know, Thank You.
Who told you "links" pages are not ranked by Google.

They're not an attractive link source for context reasons, and a preponderance of bad links on one page could trip a spam filter. But google does not proactively single out "links" pages as defined by a webmaster for a ban.

Furthermore, your assumption that "When you get a link from another site, that link is usually on that site's link page." is false. When you exchange a link with another site, it is usually on a links page. When you get a link it is usually from an article or blog/forum post.

Sundreez
03-23-2009, 06:29 AM
I have a PR button on my browser and on any page other than the main one, on any site, it says "current page is not ranked by google". I am not talking about blogs, I have a store and I try to exchange links with other stores. I don't think any blogs would want to link to me.
Are you saying that the main page PR counts for all the pages on that site?

Chris
03-23-2009, 07:43 PM
Your site is either.

1. Too new to be fully crawled and ranked.

2. Has a technical hurdle that is preventing Google from fully crawling it.

Have you setup a Google sitemap in Google Webmaster Central?

Sundreez
03-24-2009, 05:08 AM
Yes, when I opened an account with google they instructed me to set up a site map, they then checked it and told me it was OK.

Is it too new to be fully crawled and ranked? I remember this site as being set up around January 2 of 2009. Is that too new? I don't know. When does google crawl and rank the pages again? Can anyone tell me?

Chris
03-24-2009, 05:09 AM
IT could still be too new, the toolbar PR is somewhat of a stale indicator.

Sundreez
03-30-2009, 10:33 AM
How long does a website have to be in existance before it gets a page rank?

heisanhuo
04-19-2009, 04:56 AM
What is your site address?
I suggest you only do a good update on the your site.

Chris
04-21-2009, 11:39 AM
How long does a website have to be in existance before it gets a page rank?
A couple weeks to a couple months.