PDA

View Full Version : Hard Drive Problem

Doug
03-08-2009, 01:35 PM
I just bought a western digital hard drive with product number WD1600AAJS. They did not send me a disk with any drivers on it but when I try to install windows it says it does not recognize any hard drives. I am assuming I need to install the third party software. Does anyone know where I can download these drivers. The western digital site wasn't very helpful and a general search on google didn't really give me any results.

Chris
03-09-2009, 05:50 AM
did you consider just trying to format the drive?

Doug
03-10-2009, 12:21 AM
Yea, what happened is I tried to reformat my old hard drive and it would never recognize the drive so I bought this new one but my disk with the drivers in it that I got when I built the computer isn't working. I actually think the disk may have went bad. I need to find the drivers online and I keep forgetting to check the model number of the motherboard before I come to work and I don't have internet at home right now.

Turns out I guess I didnt need to buy a new hard drive. Oh well, I'm sure I'll find some way to fill both of them up.

tim84
03-11-2009, 07:40 AM
You need to format your drive before Windows can recognize them.

Todd W
03-11-2009, 09:43 AM
I've never installed a driver for a hard disk... either format in windows, or when installing format. SATA and IDE.

Your problem sounds odd... maybe a controller on the mobo?

Doug
03-28-2009, 08:48 PM
Well, come to find out its the mobo/hard drive combo and I have to slipstream the windows disk if I want to fix this problem. It looks like vista will work fine though so I guess it's time to get used to that, I was being stubborn but I'm kinda being forced to.

Lolito
05-19-2009, 04:51 AM
I just bought a western digital hard drive with product number WD1600AAJS. They did not send me a disk with any drivers on it but when I try to install windows it says it does not recognize any hard drives. I am assuming I need to install the third party software. Does anyone know where I can download these drivers. The western digital site wasn't very helpful and a general search on google didn't really give me any results.

I think there is something wrong in your hard disk. All you have to do is going to Service Center where you bought that defected Hard Disk.

liquidroof
08-12-2009, 05:40 AM
I think you need to format your drive. I am sure that it 'll helps you alot.

Liquid Roof (http://www.liquidroof.net/) | Roof Leaks (http://www.liquidroof.net/application.html)