PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Coding

LivingLegend
03-07-2009, 01:04 PM
Ok so I built a couple websites for different projects and have an issue with one of them. I usually use internet explorer and a couple days ago someone checked my site using Firefox and said I should check it out so I did. The site is drakegirl.com when you view it in Internet Explorer everything looks fine but when you view it in Firefox you can see a snip of code on some pages that looks like this

UAGE="JAVASCRIPT" CODEPAGE="65001"%>

When I was checking my page against w3C html checker they gave me an error message saying this

1. Line 1, Column 0: character "<%" not allowed in prolog.

<%@LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT" CODEPAGE="65001"%>

If I look in my source code this is the first line that is generated by Dreamweaver when you open a new page so it makes me wonder if my other site www.highriskmerchantxpert.com has the same error underneath the header. If anyone can help me fix this I would appreciate it.

Thank you for reading this!

LivingLegend
03-07-2009, 01:25 PM
Oh yea and one more thing, if you go to the DVD Package page and scroll down you will see a picture of a lady and another picture inside of a pink frame and the frame is cut off and I can't figure out why.

Chris
03-09-2009, 02:17 PM
That dreamweaver produces noncompliant code shouldn't be much of a shock really.

I don't even recognize that kind of javascript and cannot imagine what it is for. Probably something proprietary.

For instance, <% usually denotes the start of programming in a server side scripting language, not the start of a normal HTML javascript tag.