PDA

View Full Version : Mediatemple experiences?

Dan Morgan
02-16-2009, 07:27 AM
Anyone had a any experiences here recently?

Need to move a smallish site that is costing me more than it should as it does 20-25 gb a month and it's on a 15 gb plan. Existing host is small and has personal support but issues of a small company starting to niggle and outweigh other benefits. Expensive plan generally and expensive for overages that I just should not be paying.

Considering grid server, although cluster server is coming soon however I cannot get a straight answer about whether I could upgrade when cluster service comes out.

Chris
02-16-2009, 11:51 AM
I haven't used a shared hosting provider in probably like 8 or 9 years. But I tell you what, 1 or 1.5 TB of bandwidth with a dedicated box is nice, that is a limit that is hard to bump up against.

Dan Morgan
02-23-2009, 03:09 AM
Yeah I bet it's nice not to have to worry about it.

My issue is the expense of a solution like that compared with my needs - none of my sites are particularly bandwidth heavy - busiest sites does 2 million page requests a month at peak. Mediatemple are a name that have been there for as long as I can remember, but ASmallOrange have a good reputation.

tim84
03-11-2009, 07:28 AM
I had a forum and a website hosted by A Small Orange. The forum didn't have as much traffic as the website and so didn't have issues with speed. But as my website gathers lots of traffic overtime it started to experience delay, sometimes can be very significant. However, one thing I really like about ASO is their friendly support team and quick response. Although it took me several ticket to solve a problem but their response was quick. I would recommend ASO if you site is not too big and your bandwidth requirement is not very high.