PDA

View Full Version : Keyword Research

gpeters
02-14-2009, 05:49 PM
I’m using Google’s Keyword Tool to research keywords. I find it good but I would like to know if Wordtracker and Overture's are better or have advantages over Google’s Keyword Tool?

Dan Schulz
02-14-2009, 11:12 PM
I prefer to use them (Google's research tools) in conjunction with WordTracker and Trellian's KeywordDiscovery tool. While Google's keyword research apps appear to be more accurate than WT or TKD, having access to multiple sets of data can help in some situations.

Chris
02-25-2009, 06:07 PM
I'm not interested in accuracy perse, none of them are a good judge of traffic. I merely use them for comparison purposes. Is keywordX more or less popular than keywordY. In which case it matters less which one you use (so long as you understand stemming and keyword sources) and moreso that you use just one for your comparisons.

Dan Schulz
02-27-2009, 10:10 PM
I thought Overture got canned as a keyword research tool a couple years ago?

gpeters
02-28-2009, 07:42 AM
I was wondering already becuase I can't find it

LivingLegend
03-07-2009, 02:43 PM
I would use both Wortracker and Google keyword tool. I also like using seosniper in conjuction with these tools.

SEO-sniper takes keyword research one step further and analyzes your competetors onpage strength of the key word you are analyzing and gives you a window of oppertunity using googles data from their keyword tool. Plus it is made by a pretty trusting guy the same guy who made seorecon wich is a pretty cool tool

jingwen
03-23-2009, 03:37 AM
I use google adwords and wordtracker,but i think IBP is a good software.

gpeters
03-24-2009, 08:21 AM
I found another service for keyword research
http://www.keyworddiscovery.com
It is a bit more expensive then Wordtracker but has really good keyword research options. A free trail is also available

bermuda
09-07-2009, 07:08 AM
Tools like the Google AdWords and Wordtracker could be really great as using them you would discover the best terms to target over the net.

Dan Schulz
09-09-2009, 11:32 AM
Honestly? I wouldn't even bother with WordTracker anymore.

Keyword Geek
09-10-2009, 04:58 AM
I use google keyword tool and a paid tool. I only used wordtracker like 4-5 times and didnt like it.

cooluks
09-16-2009, 07:40 PM
I use this link http://www.wordpot.com/Default.aspx as my keyword tool. Somewhat reliable. Also it displays the number of daily searches of any keyword.

ppankajnagarkoti
10-12-2009, 04:34 PM
I’m using google for researhing to keyword researching.

AndyTC
12-07-2009, 06:52 PM
I think many of them all lie. I use Market Samurai and Google Adwords Tool combined to get a general overview. But I have a number of top ranked sites as well as top PPC sites in some niches and the estimated traffic on both tools conflicts with Google Traffic Estimator.

Go figure. I think you can only use these as general. Good idea to also run your keyword through Google Trends. If the trend is down, last months traffic stats are irrelevant.