PDA

View Full Version : Any good free web host?

fengsta
02-07-2009, 08:02 PM
I was looking at free web host such as doteasy.com and was wondering on your expertise opinions, Any suggestions or stories would be great. I know i'm being cheap but free is always good. I am new to web designing and trying to learn. Thanks in advance!

Mark

Chris
02-08-2009, 10:23 AM
You get what you pay for. Paid hosting can be had for less than the cost of a large pizza per month, and it is exponentially better than free hosting.

kellog
02-25-2009, 05:57 PM
you can check out www.agexa.com (http://www.agexa.com)
i've been hosting site there for a few months now with no problems

veenanandini
03-04-2009, 05:23 AM
hey.. you can consider checking this site http://in.business.yahoo.com/ , yes this is from yahoo.. they help with web design, web development and web hosting at a good deal. If still you want more options then do some research on google. It should help you. good luck to ya.

tim84
03-11-2009, 07:31 AM
you can try byethost. Their reviews are quite positive.

www.byethost.com

Muggle
07-09-2009, 06:30 AM
I know there are free accounts on windows basis given by 7host.com, which appears to be quality hosting provider. However, never used their free service, but do not think there would be anything worse than the paid one.

Also, You can have very cheap (paid) hosting wioth the ten-dolllars-per-month plan, almist free but much more reliable, from a company called dayana host

Mr. Pink
08-15-2009, 11:00 PM
I've never used free hosting for anything... until now. Hey, the economy is bad, right? ;)

So, I just published a new web site and decided to give it a try wit this free hosting service: http://freehostia.com/.

So far it looks OK. There's not support, but I kind of don't need it. I just don't know what to expect if something goes wrong. I guess, if things go wrong, I can always quickly buy another hosting service, change the DNS, and be back in business.

There are several reasons why I decided to try free hosting.

First, I have tried various paid hosting companies and although I am a paying client I don't really fee that I get what I paid for. To this day I have not found a hosting company I really like. So, I'll try a freebie and see if it's any different.

Second, I am using this hosting just for a new site that is not yet important. I don't have any paid ads on it and i really have very little to lose if the site goes down (which could only be temporarily, anyway).

So, if this site starts being serious I will probably consider moving it to a paid service. But there is always the possibility that I will be happy with this service and would have to struggle to find a reason to start paying for something I already have for free.

Finally, I host all of my sites with separate hosting companies. All eggs are not in the same basket.

yavahost
07-13-2010, 01:00 PM
You get what you pay for. Paid hosting can be had for less than the cost of a large pizza per month, and it is exponentially better than free hosting.

I agree with Chris. I always try to stay clear of free hosting because it tends to be more problematic, slow, blatantly oversold. Even with a simple wordpress install, some free hosts cannot keep up. You get what you pay for, but if you can find a free web host that breaks that stereotype, let me know.

mahesh2010
07-15-2010, 07:28 AM
You can host the sites with joomla"s extension,which is probably a latest release,you find more services through extension developer dot com..