PDA

View Full Version : My website needs help

Mikeyidh
01-11-2009, 09:27 AM
http://www.hhoh2o.org
My website some time loads all the pictures and buttons. But most of the time stuff is missing. Most thing work on fire fox but when I look at my website on IE7 every thing I worked on doesnt show. For example on firefox links look white on hover( when the mouse is over the link) just the way I set it. On Internet explorer links are an ugly purple. Thats not the end of it. Fire fox displays text PERFICLY (Firefox ROCKS) but on Internet explorer the words freakin overlap. I just want to rip my hair out:flare:. Take a look at my site on both browsers and you will feel my pain.
If you can help me that would be awsome.

Chris
01-12-2009, 07:42 PM
Sounds like Internet explorer is giving you the default text for visited links, make sure you set the "visited" subclass of the a tag appropriate in your CSS.

For the rest, keep tinkering, welcome to web development, dealing with two browsers sucks. Perhaps start fresh.

Mikeyidh
01-13-2009, 07:28 PM
I found out my problem. My pictures dont load up becuase I manually set firefox to give me 550 max request. I only have a basic 1and1 one server. I tested my site with my browser having 4 max request and wala all pictures load up. But I wish there was a way my site wouldnt act this way do to high max request. This is when I begin to wonder if Microsoft server can help any.