PDA

View Full Version : ned help building a site

import solutions
01-02-2009, 04:24 PM
I'm new in the web business but i understand what needs to be done to build the site and make it successful. anybody (tech) out there with experience building a site about importing that includes reference, resource, classified ads and blogs and forums???
I'm in the Santa Clarita area of CA

springsunny
01-04-2009, 09:19 PM
As a quick start, there are three main things you need to get a website:

Domain Name
Web Design
Web Hosting

Domain Name
The domain name is your identity online - as long as you keep renewing it, no one else can claim to have it.To choose a good domain for your company is necessary.

Web Design
You will need a web design so that people can navigate your website. There are four different options you can choose when getting a web design.
Get a Webpage Made for You - The simplest and most expensive option. By contacting either a professional or a company, you can have your entire webpage built for you with no work on your part. Depending on what options you choose, the web designer may even provide the web hosting for you, saving you that problem too.
Just as there are scammers in web hosting, the same exists for web designers. Before awarding work to one, it is usually best to check their portfolio and to do some research on them. But for the average user, a professional designer can create a truly amazing website!

Do It Yourself - Learning HTML is not hard to do. As it is really a 'markup' language, there is no programming to get a website up. And with emerging standards such as XHTML and CSS-P becoming more used, making a good design that will work on all browsers is not very difficult.
For those not very comfortable, the easiest way to create a webpage is to use Microsoft FrontPage. Designed to be very easy to use, you can quickly whip up a web site design. Furthermore, many hosts support FrontPage Extensions. These are add-ons that let you update your site and add functionality right though FrontPage!

Web Hosting
There is no one 'type' of web hosting - the most popular are virtual hosting, dedicated, and colocated. Unless you have extremely demanding needs or have your own server, virtual hosting will suffice. Virtual hosting itself is synonymous with 'web hosting' - it just means that your site is hosted on a server with other sites.

Most virtual hosting provide eCommerce .

AndyTC
12-08-2009, 02:13 AM
I've given up on using professional web developers since the advent of Joomla and Open Source. If you want your site to be flash looking and have the back end functionality of a database and newsletter without the cost it's a good place for a small business owner to start from.

jeevaa
02-13-2010, 12:47 AM
You can bulit you web site here http://www.goresellers.com/ They have reseller plan if you get theat plan means you can get the hosting package and domain at very very cheap cost to compare with others...

mahesh2010
06-24-2010, 05:45 AM
You can build a website by using joomla 1.5 or joomla.Download the software and install php and my sql in your system..start modifying the components and modules ..it is a open source content management system..Any number of modules can be added in the site..we can add carts,different languages and many more,just try it ..