PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Adsense problem please.

hairycaterpillar
12-13-2008, 04:28 AM
Me and my girlfriend both have websites. She has generated a small amount of revenue (under $100) through her adsense campaign. A few weeks back I applied with google to run an adsense campaign to sponsor my site. Since then my girlfriends site has stopped generating adsense revenue completely. This is really frustrating, because there is no one to speak to at google. We think we may have violated terms and conditions because we use the same IP address. If you have any advice on this please let me know. Thanks.

hairycaterpillar
12-27-2008, 05:40 AM
I quit the my google adsense account and this has enabled my girlfriends account again.
Been trying bidvertiser and adbrite as an alternative sponsor (just on my site). However the adbrite and bidvertiser ads suck. They have little or no relevance to the content of the site. I even let them run for a few weeks to see if things settled down but I was still getting ads for bingo, wheelie bins, scratch cards, and other irrelevant junk. So I posted her google ad code into my site. Hopefully this will solve the problem and we'll just have to share any ad revenue!

Chris
12-29-2008, 12:01 PM
I don't think Google would care about IP address access, IP isn't a fully 100% unique criteria, and they have more to go on.

So unless one of the two accounts was violating terms significantly, I think they'd monitor duplicates by looking at payment details.

Oh, and by using channels you could easily tell who earned what each month, for sharing.

hairycaterpillar
12-30-2008, 03:12 AM
I've scoured the terms and conditions and your right, there is nothing in there about shared IP addresses being an issue. However, I found a few posts on forums of people who seemed to have the same problem and seemed to think it was a fail safe on the system to prevent fraud. (I also found even more though who shared IP addresses with different accounts succesfully though)
It remains a mystery to me as to why it happened, just now but the ppc is working again and that's the main thing.
I found the channels option last night so everything is separated out so we now where the clicks have come from.