PDA

View Full Version : Ecommerce Sales this Season

Chris
12-04-2008, 08:10 AM
I am definitely noticing a big slowdown, anyone else? It sucks.

Keeping overhead low means it is all still profitable of course, but revenue is way down for the holiday season so far. Typically November is double a normal month, and December triple. But December seems to be no better so far than say June or July was.

MissMandy
12-09-2008, 12:00 PM
mmm, I was just about to post a new message, "What happened to Christmas" when I read this.
Its terrible, there is zero up. Things are just the same as any other time of year, maybe even worse. This time last year I was selling several posters a day, so far in the first 9 days of December I have only sold two very small posters. Amazon, Clickbank, everything is slow.
On the advertising front, Adsense is the worst I have ever seen it, but strange coz Burst is the best its been this year.
Im in Australia so the recession is just starting to kick in here, but from everything I read around the world and what people tell me overseas, this world recession could be becoming a depression. Get ready for a disaster once we hit Febuary.

agua
12-09-2008, 05:22 PM
Interesting though, my ebay sales have increased massively - but maybe this could be because my sites are a year older...

Chris
12-09-2008, 07:21 PM
Lets hope that when the economy turns the corner there is pent up demand and we see people playing catchup. Like people will spend less this christmas but next year buy bigger gifts or more gifts because they feel like they need to "make up".

Blue Cat Buxton
12-10-2008, 03:23 AM
Lets hope that when the economy turns the corner there is pent up demand and we see people playing catchup. Like people will spend less this christmas but next year buy bigger gifts or more gifts because they feel like they need to "make up".

My worry is that this uplift may not be until the end of the 2009, so next christmas may be good, but not twice as good to make up for this year

Starting Big
12-16-2008, 10:48 AM
According to some, a 2nd round of the mortgage crisis is looming. The Alt-A and option ARM loans are starting to default, and this is happening before they even get to reset in 2-5 years. As of now, a healthier economy looks to be well beyond 2009. Then, whenever the economy does start to come back around, there will still be growing pains such as all the people like myself who will have gotten use to significantly lower interest rates on school loan payments and are allocating that spare money elsewhere. When the rates go back up there will be even more people defaulting on their student loans.

Anyway...your sales might be down, but the job board that I started to have developed before all of this mess is nearing completion, but there will be no jobs.

Pitty party in Philly!

Starting Big
12-16-2008, 10:50 AM
According to some, a 2nd round of the mortgage crisis is looming. The Alt-A and option ARM loans are starting to default, and this is happening before they even get to reset in 2-5 years. As of now, a healthier economy looks to be well beyond 2009. Then, whenever the economy does start to come back around, there will still be growing pains such as all the people like myself who will have gotten use to significantly lower interest rates on school loan payments and are allocating that spare money elsewhere. When the rates go back up there will be even more people defaulting on their student loans.

Anyway...your sales might be down, but the job board that I started to have developed before all of this mess is nearing completion, but there will be no jobs.

Pitty party in Philly!