PDA

View Full Version : More PR = More Pages indexed?

ZigE
12-02-2008, 06:04 AM
I've got a newish site with many tens of thousands of pages. I've submitted sitemaps etc, and google is aware of the pages (through the site: command). However only 300 of the pages are in the index.

I know the more trusted a site becomes the more pages will be indexed, but I'm wondering if a site's PageRank is directly proportional to its' pages indexed?

For example, I'm thinking getting a few High PR links could help the process along. Once people are aware of the pages they're very link worthy..

Chris
12-02-2008, 06:39 AM
There is certainly a relationship there.

jingwen
01-04-2009, 03:19 AM
PR is relateve with your external links.

xmlsitemaps
01-06-2009, 05:59 PM
I strongly believe that PageRank also helps get more pages indexed more quickly. Afterall, it would be unwise by Google to not index and URL that is linked from other sites.

jingwen
06-14-2009, 07:59 PM
Submit your pages to some famous bookmarks,write articles and blog.
More high quality backlinks could make google indexed your site.

Lolito
06-15-2009, 12:28 AM
I've got a newish site with many tens of thousands of pages. I've submitted sitemaps etc, and google is aware of the pages (through the site: command). However only 300 of the pages are in the index.

I know the more trusted a site becomes the more pages will be indexed, but I'm wondering if a site's PageRank is directly proportional to its' pages indexed?

For example, I'm thinking getting a few High PR links could help the process along. Once people are aware of the pages they're very link worthy..

In my opinion, to get a High PR your website must have quality and relevant content. Indexing Page is a job of bot/spider while crawling a main or index page then sitemaps.

bermuda
06-20-2009, 11:51 PM
Two points are important when it comes to having more and more pages indexed in the search engines and especially in Google, PR and the links counts.

By adding links to our website more pages will be getting indexed because links will absorb the crawlers more and more.