PDA

View Full Version : I'm also also going to be a dad!

Westech
11-25-2008, 02:52 PM
So, there really must be something in the water here at WP. In addition to Chris and Shawn, I also have a kid on the way. This will be my second one, I already have a 2-year-old son that I announced here a little over 2 years ago. It doesn't seem like that long ago... Time is really flying by.

The new baby is due in May, and we're very excited.

In other news, we're almost finished building our dream house on 25 acres out in the country. If everything stays on schedule we should be moved in before Christmas. It's a very exciting time!

Chris
11-25-2008, 03:45 PM
Congratulations on the house and the baby.

when in may? mine is may 27th.

agua
11-26-2008, 03:25 PM
Ha Ha - who is going to start the "Work at home Dads Forum" then?

Congrats Westech on your baby and your house :)

Mike
11-27-2008, 05:42 AM
Brilliant! Congratulations!

You'll have to post pictures of your new house as well, sounds interesting :)

Westech
12-01-2008, 09:05 AM
Thanks everyone. The baby's due on May 20. I'll post some pictures of the house as soon as I can.

Chris
12-01-2008, 06:35 PM
Get an ultrasound yet? Our first one was today, it was amazing how detailed it was. All I knew of them was from movies and whatnot where they're always like "what is that? Okay, if you say so doc" today she turned it on and boom, there was the baby, very clear spine, etc, everything was obvious. Didn't need her to point out what anything was, it was all there, very clear. I was surprised, and the baby was moving a lot too, which I also didn't expect already, and the type of movement too, flapping arms around full range of motion type stuff. Crazy.

Westech
12-02-2008, 07:27 AM
Yeah, and they really blow me away every time I see them. My parents have a photo of my ultrasound from 30 years ago and it just looks like a big fuzzy blob. The technology has really come a long way since then.

Have you seen the 3d ultrasounds that they can do? We've never had one done because they're not medically necessary and I hate to bounce more sound waves at the baby than we have to, but they look awesome!

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=3d+ultrasound&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&resnum=4&ct=title

Chris
12-03-2008, 11:27 AM
Ya I've seen those. We may get one for the fun of it. My wife is going to an OB GYN place where she used to work and they mentioned something about letting us have one gratis.

springsunny
01-09-2009, 08:28 PM
Congratulations on your baby and house.Is it the may of nest year? Beautiful time!

Dan484
01-14-2009, 12:52 PM
Congrats! Definitely a great time to have a baby, with everything greening up! Sounds like a dream, 25 acres! Wishing the best for your new baby and family!

ankita
02-15-2009, 12:40 AM
congratulation !!!