PDA

View Full Version : Registering my first domain

dargx001
11-15-2008, 09:15 PM
Ok so I've been hosting my own website for a few months now. I've built my own server, and its running the appropriate software that a web-server should run. I've also been using a no-ip.com port 80 redirect, just so I don't have to put my IP in every single time I want to go to the page. Well I finally have the funds to register my own domain. Since this is my first time doing this I was wondering what I should expect. Will there be something along the line that like no-ip allow me to redirect to my ip. Also what other charges am I looking at. I know that somewhere along the line I should go with a hosting site, but for now I don't really have the funds, and I don't know how popular my site will be. I've had my eye on sotrix as far as hosting goes, but that is sometime down the line. For now I just want to know about what to expect after I purchase my domain. After all I don't want to rush into this blindly.

Chris
11-18-2008, 07:00 PM
Domains work with name servers, if you do not have your own you will need to obtain them. Google for "free name servers" and you should find plenty.

MikZer
01-27-2009, 09:49 AM
GoDaddy is a good domain hosting place i guess :p people say it should be quite cheap... :) some even say its the cheapest but i dont know if it is... :)

noe
10-04-2009, 01:21 PM
No it isn't.