PDA

View Full Version : The Annoyance of Contractors

Chris
11-12-2008, 01:51 PM
A play, by Chris Beasley

-----

Chris: Would you please make sure that when the form is submitted it goes into an approval queue before being processed.

Contractor: Sure, the form submissions now go for approval. Please send final payment.

Chris: Okay, let me test... hmm... actually, it looks like this work hasn't been completed. Do that, and do the other stuff we've talked about.

Contractor: Okay, the work is done, please review and send final payment.

Chris: Actually, hmm, it looks like you didn't even start a couple of the things. Do them.

-----

I'm busy, I hire a programmer because I don't want to have to do it myself. This project has been going on a little while (though still short compared to most other ones I've done) and I can tell they really want to get paid, but I'm busy, and maybe it takes me a day or two to respond to their review requests. So it drags out the process, but really, the **** I find that is wrong is obvious, it is as if they didn't do any QC themselves. It is like they programmed X feature, but they don't actually test to see if their work works, and then just email me that it is done.

So annoying.

agua
11-12-2008, 10:01 PM
Do you use USA or Foreign contractors Chris?

Mike
11-13-2008, 06:15 AM
At least you've found one that's started the job. For one project, we've had that many pull out it's ridiculous.

They're a pain.

Chris
11-13-2008, 07:56 AM
that one is foreign.