02-19-2004, 07:39 PM
nifty

GCT13
02-19-2004, 07:42 PM
Sweetness.

kdb003
02-19-2004, 07:50 PM
i am trying out the wide tower

too bad the stats are still not seperated by site. i had got my hopes up when i saw something had updated.

Shawn
02-19-2004, 07:59 PM
I really don't know why they bothered with the 1-square block. I doubt many will use that.

RockNRollPig
02-19-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Shawn Weeks
I really don't know why they bothered with the 1-square block. I doubt many will use that. It's all about publicity and options...if they can say "We offer 87 ad formats" thats got a lot more power than saying "We have 4 ad formats".

Chris
02-19-2004, 09:40 PM
I like the 1 square block. that is the ultimate in flexibility.

MattM
02-19-2004, 09:42 PM
Yes, the new sizes are pretty cool.

MattM
02-19-2004, 09:47 PM
Seems this issue with multiple formats on SP has been resolved:

Quote: AdSenseAdvisor

The multiple ads language is confusing, I agree. At this point, there's no way to assure that ads won't be double-served if two layouts are on the same page. So multiple ad layouts on a page are still not allowed... I think the language is there so that we have room to introduce new features as we move forward.

I should have used the term 'ad units' to be consistent - you can have only a single ad unit per page, irrelevant of which format you use. So, either one leaderboard, or one inline rectangle, etc... You can't have multiple pieces of ad layout code on the same page.

john190
02-19-2004, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by kdb003
i am trying out the wide tower

too bad the stats are still not seperated by site. i had got my hopes up when i saw something had updated.

I am also trying the new larger skyscrapper ads as they look better on my site than the other skyscrapper ads did.

They also show 5 listings instead of 4 which could result in more income in the long run.

Google Adsense does it again!

incka
02-20-2004, 02:40 AM
One square block is good for including within content.

chromate
02-20-2004, 03:47 AM
The wide skyscraper is awesome. It will look a far more natural screen element than the normal skyscraper. For this reason alone I bet the clickthrough rate for it will be ralitively higher. The extra ad is just another bonus! :)

I actually love the look of that single button ad. I think it's really intriguing. So simple and focused that I think it could really be used in some interesting ways. The problem is the "ads by google" text that goes along with it. Because there's not a lot of ad there anyway, the "ads by google" really stands out which isn't so good. Doesn't seem to balance right if you know what I mean.

I was also hoping for more advanced stats... oh well.

I'm off to implement that wide skyscraper! :)

ozgression
02-20-2004, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by Shawn Weeks
I really don't know why they bothered with the 1-square block. I doubt many will use that.

I'll be using it. Remember it will show the highest bidding ad for it's particular keyword so CPC will be higher. Also, it is very easy to fit into any layout...

Cheers
________
Ferrari America (http://www.ferrari-wiki.com/wiki/Ferrari_America)

john190
02-20-2004, 10:04 AM
I know that a lot of people mentioned that they would like to see a 1 ad block before Google released the new ad formats.

I have already added the new wider tower blocks to my site. All I have to do now is monitor my stats and see what the outcome will be.

All good I hope!

michael_gersitz
02-20-2004, 07:05 PM
I love that baby ad! Perfect for content sites!

MattM
02-24-2004, 07:14 PM
There has been a discussion on SitePoint recently as to whether multiple Google ads can be placed on a page, with some confusion as to if it is allowed or not, however its still one per page according to this e-mail:

I also understand that you would like some clarification about the
language concerning multiple ad units.

Essentially, our policy concerning double-serving (showing two identical
ads on a single page) has not changed from before the updated Terms and
Conditions were released. As there is currently no mechanism in place to
prevent double-serving if two ad units are on the same page, publishers
may only place one copy of AdSense ad code on each page.

The recently updated language on ad placement was added to allow us to
introduce new features as we move forward. If we do add a feature that
will allow multiple ad units on a page without any duplication of ads,
we'll certainly let you know via email. Until then, please ensure that a
maximum of one ad unit is placed on each of your pages.