PDA

View Full Version : Wordpress cms question

camron
09-06-2008, 12:34 PM
hello guys im sorry if this is not the right room to post in im sorry im new

but my question is regarding WORDPRESS AS A CMS

WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO ASK IS WORDPRESS REALLY A GOOD CMS FOR CLIENTS WHO KNOW NOTHING ABOUT HTML CSS ETC ETC

AS I HAVE TRIED TO EXPERIMENT WITH WORDPRESS AND IT SEEMS TO ME THAT ITS NOT A SIMPLE THING A CLIENT COULD REALLY USE AS CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN HOW A CLIENT IS SUPPOSE TO EDIT THERE PAGES AS I HAVE TRIED EXPERMENTAL AND AS FAR AS I CAN TELL THE VISUAL EDITOR FOR WORDPRESS IS NOT EVEN ENOUGH ROOM FOR A CLIENT TO BE ABLE TO EDIT COMFUTABLLY OR MOVE AROUND WITH ENOUGH SPACE WHAT IM TRYING TO SAY ITS NOT REALLY LIKE A VISUAL EDITOR YOU SEE IN OTHER WEB HOST LIKE THE ONE IN DREAMWEAVER NOW THAT SEEMS LIKE A GOOD SIZE ENOUGH ROOM FOR A CLIENT TO EDIT AND WITH WORDPRESS YOU CANT VIEW THE PAGE FULLY AM I MISSING SOMETHING IS THERE PLUGINS FOR THIS TYPE OF THING

###### I MEAN IS THIS THE ONLY ROOM THEY HAVE PLEASE SEE PICTURE BELOW####

IT HARDLY SEEMS IDEAL FOR A CLIENT TO USE CAN ANYONE RECOMENDED IF IM TALKING THE TRUTH? WHAT IS ALL THE HYPE ABOUT WORDPRESS THEN TO ME IT DOESNT SEEM THAT GOOD OR AM I MISSING SOMETHING? PLUGINS OR SOMETHING AS I WOULD LIKE TO USE WORDPRESS BUT AS I METIONED HAS GOT LIMITATIONS
???

Blue Cat Buxton
09-06-2008, 02:29 PM
Dreamweaver is a design package, for a whole website.

Wordpress provides great tools for editing 'content', text etc. If your client knows nothing about HTML,CSS etc, as you say, I would have thought Wordpress would be ideal, because of the limited design features.

Dan Schulz
09-08-2008, 07:12 AM
Note that WordPress 2.7 (slated for November) is supposed to improve the user experience and make it easier for people to post their content. If they know how to use Microsoft Word, they can use WordPress to add their content. They just need to learn the system is all.